Stanford In New York
Welcome Stanford New York students!
By enrolling in online courses delivered through the Stanford Center for Professional Development, Stanford students participating in the Stanford in New York program can enjoy the personal and career benefits of completing an internship away from campus while continuing their education.
The Stanford courses linked below, which may satisfy certain undergraduate requirements, are scheduled to be offered in an online format via the Stanford Center for Professional Development during different quarters. These online courses will be open for enrollment to students who are studying the New York center.
IMPORTANT: Restrictions may apply. Please check with your Program Advisor for enrollment and other details, and confirm with your major department and advisor that taking a certain course will satisfy a requirement for your program of study.
Step 1: Please check with your advisor for courses that will fit within your Undergraduate program, based on what is offered through the Stanford Center for Professional Development program.
Step 2: Login to your Axess account.
Step 3: Add your chosen course(s) to your Axess study list.
Step 5: Complete the information in each listed section of the form.
Step 6: Create a User ID and Password.
- It is very important to remember your username and password for future use.
- It is suggested that you check the availability of your selected username.
- Your password must be a minimum of seven (7) characters and contain both alpha and numeric characters.
Step 7: Once you have created an account, send an email to scpd-stanfordNY@stanford.edu specifying your full name, SUID, study location and course choice. A coordinator will add the course to your mystanfordconnection account.
Nominating/Setting Up Your Exam Monitor in Your mystanfordconnection Account
- Log in to your mystanfordconnection account.
- Once logged in, select “Exam Monitors” located on the right-side menu.
- Click on the red "Nominate a New Monitor" button and provide the requested information.
- Once an exam monitor has been submitted and approved, their name will appear on the Exam Monitor page. Select the checkbox next to the exam monitor's name that you will be using for your exams, then click “Save Changes.”
Online Course Tips
- When enrolling in your course in Axess, make note of all dates and details as well as course expectations and requirements as outlined by the instructor.
- At the start of the course, let the faculty know that you are taking the course remotely, your location, and the time zone difference.
- To give you more flexibility, course videos may be downloaded to your computer or mobile device for viewing. You do not have to be connected to the Internet.
- Remember, you are taking a Stanford course at a distance and need to view course lectures, complete homework assignments, participate in projects, and take exams according to the deadlines—the same as if you were taking the course on campus.
- To access your account you may enter through the main website.
- Click on the "mystanfordconnection Login" tab at the top left of the page.
- Enter your User ID name and password and click on the "LOGIN" button. After logging-in, you will be able to access your course materials securely from this site.
- Once you log in, you will see your mystanfordconnection "current courses" page which will list the course you filed through your Axess study list. You can view the course by selecting "Online videos."
- The Terms and Conditions Page will load … Click on "I Agree".
- Your course page will load. Click on the "Watch Now" option to view your course lectures.
Homework & Assignments
- All completed course homework or course assignments should be submitted for grading via email to email@example.com.
- All submitted course homework or course assignments should include a homework routing sheet which can be downloaded from the "Forms and Documents" section of your mystanfordconnection account under the “Admissions” tab.
- Once received, all course homework or course assignments will be distributed to the course teaching team for grading.
- Once graded, your homework or course assignments will be returned directly to you via email.