Cultivating an Entrepreneurial Mindset
Go to Course
What are the key ingredients that drive success in entrepreneurial companies? How do entrepreneurs capitalize on new ideas and bring them to market? In this course, you will gain valuable insight into how entrepreneurs start companies and probe the unique mindset that often accompanies a successful venture. Through engaging lectures and hands-on projects, you will discover the best practices of Silicon Valley entrepreneurs and venture capitalists and get to test and implement your own startup ideas.
Learn how to:
- Successfully position and sell your idea
- Learn the primary reasons and benefits to creating a business plan and the key risks—technology, market, team and financial.
- Think like a technology entrepreneur
- Learn about the value of “staged financing” for both entrepreneurs and venture capitalists along with some essential formulas and information regarding venture finance.
- Transfer technology ideas to market
- Create and grow high-potential ventures using several strategy and entrepreneurship frameworks, including the concepts of disruptive innovations, business model canvas and lean startups.
- Use the fundamentals of resource development, including talent and capital
- Examine critical human resource issues for new ventures and the key actions that a founder or CEO should manage.
- Tom Byers Professor, Management Science and Engineering
- $995 per course
- $75 one-time document fee
View All Courses
Access learning material from upcoming, self-study, and completed courses...