Accounting, Finance & Valuation for Engineers & Constructors
- Civil and Environmental Engineering Graduate Certificate: Project Risk Analysis and Assessment Track
- Civil and Environmental Engineering Graduate Certificate: Virtual Design and Construction Track
- Civil and Environmental Engineering Graduate Certificate: General Track
- Civil and Environmental Engineering Graduate Certificate: Venture Creation for the Real Economy Track
Accounting is the common language of business, and as such, a knowledge of accounting practices is essential for aspiring leaders in engineering, management, and entrepreneurship. This course introduces you to the basic concepts of financial accounting and cost accounting. You will learn the principles of financial accounting as well as accounting tools, practices, and systems.
Recommended for CEE MS Programs: Sustainable Design & Construction (SDC) (required for SDC-Management)
What you will learn
- How to interpret financial data properly
- How to prepare, appraise, evaluate and approve financial plans
- How to understand the economic viability of engineering decisions
- Balance sheets, Income statements, and statements of cash flows
- Assets, liabilities, and shareholders’ equity
- Accounting for startups and not-for-profits
- Managerial accounting tools and practices
- Product, service, job, and process costing
- Activity-based costing
- Cost management systems
|Dates:||June 21 - August 27, 2021|
Pre-registration for this course will secure your enrollment request and ensure timely processing of your application for potential course approval. Please note: course enrollment will be confirmed after June 18, 2021; after completing your pre-registration, no further action is required on your part.
This course may not currently be available to learners in some states and territories.