Virtual Design and Construction
As the construction industry is rapidly evolving, Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) is being increasingly used to effectively translate client building performance objectives into measurable project and production plans. In this course, you'll gain knowledge in workflow, design planning and virtual modeling through VDC and how it can improve the building experience in three ways:
- Concurrent orchestration of multiple disciplines to design useable, operable and sustainable buildings
- Integration of information that's made seamlessly accessible to support a project team
- Workflows carried out by the project team to lead to decisions that will stick
PrerequisitesCEE100 or consent of instructor. Industry experience will be considered. Recommended: CEE240/CEE241 or equivalent.
- Framework of VDC
- Client, project and production metrics
- Integrated Concurrent Engineering (ICE)
- Building Imagining Models (BIM) overview and applications
- 4D Modeling
- Challenges and case studies of VDC
This course has limited enrollment! Due to the limited space in this course, interested students should join the wait list and immediately submit their NDO application, transcripts, and resume or CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All students on the wait list will be evaluated by the teaching team. Anyone without the required application and supporting documentation will not be reviewed by the application committee. Priority given to groups of students from a company.
Note on Course Availability
The course schedule is displayed for planning purposes – courses can be modified, changed, or cancelled. Course availability will be considered finalized on the first day of open enrollment. For quarterly enrollment dates, please refer to our graduate certificate homepage.