Introduction to Computer Networking
The Internet drives tremendous change in the world while continuously changing and evolving itself. This course teaches the concepts and general principles of the underlying networks of the Internet.
Learn about the structure and components of computer networks, packet switching, and layer architectures as well as a variety of applications. Gain the experience and tools required to use and write protocols. Explore issues of network security.
CS110 or equivalent
- Web/http, voice-over-IP, p2p file sharing and socket programming
- Reliable transport: TCP/IP, reliable transfer, flow control, and congestion control
- The network layer: names and addresses, routing
- Local area networks: ethernet and switches
- Wireless networks and network security