Advanced Topics in Operating Systems
In this course students study advanced operating system topics and are exposed to recent developments in operating systems research. This course involves readings and lectures on classic and new journal and conference papers.
Operating Systems and Systems Programming (Stanford Course: CS140) or equivalent
- Concurrent execution
- Memory management using things like virtual memory and memory allocations
- Scalability such as lock-free data structures
- File systems
- Operating system architecture
- Security such as data security, integrity and authentication
- The history and experience of systems programming
The course schedule is displayed for planning purposes – courses can be modified, changed, or cancelled. Course availability will be considered finalized on the first day of open enrollment. For quarterly enrollment dates, please refer to our graduate education section.
Thank you for your interest. The course you have selected is not open for enrollment. Please click the button below to receive an email when the course becomes available again.