Information Retrieval and Web Search
This introduction to information retrieval will explore important search techniques including query optimization and text classification. Become familiarized with basic and advanced techniques for text-based information systems. Expand your knowledge of web search engines and apply important text clustering, classification and mining properties to your own search and retrieval efforts.
- Computer Organization and Systems (Stanford Course:CS107 or equivalent)
- Introduction to Probability for Computer Scientists (Stanford Course:CS109 or equivalent)
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms (Stanford Course:CS161 or equivalent)
- Efficient text indexing
- Boolean, vector space, and probabilistic retrieval models
- Ranking and rank aggregation
- Web search engines including crawling and indexing
- Evaluating IR systems
- Web metadata
The course schedule is displayed for planning purposes – courses can be modified, changed, or cancelled. Course availability will be considered finalized on the first day of open enrollment. For quarterly enrollment dates, please refer to our graduate education section.
Thank you for your interest. The course you have selected is not open for enrollment. Please click the button below to receive an email when the course becomes available again.