How to Build Successful Startups: Learn Lessons Straight from Silicon Valley Entrepreneurs
Great companies, like great homes, can be built in many ways. Outstanding entrepreneurs, like outstanding architects, can learn much from the achievements of their predecessors. Designed for the budding entrepreneur, this course will introduce you to Silicon Valley entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors, and the varied ways in which they’ve constructed successful startups.
Guest speakers will address:
- How can you overcome the critical challenges founders face, such as assessing your own unique goals, skills, and capabilities; forming a complementary core team; creating a breakthrough product; and raising initial capital?
- Which development path would be best to get your company off to a strong start?
- Should you go it alone, apply to an incubator or accelerator, or begin pitching venture firms immediately?
- What are effective ways to raise growth capital from a variety of sources?
- What is the IPO process like?
- What vital technological, educational, cultural, and other resources does Silicon Valley offer startups today?
This is an accelerated version of the eight-week course, BUS 12 W: “How to Build Successful Startups.” Students will work through all eight modules in two weeks. Students will need to log in at least five days per week and should expect to spend fourteen to sixteen hours per week on the course.
Thank you for your interest. The course you have selected is not open for enrollment. Please click the button below to receive an email when the course becomes available again.