Introduction to Linear Dynamical Systems
The explosion of applications of linear dynamical systems over the past several decades makes the study of it both exciting and fundamental. This introduction to linear dynamical systems concentrates on applications to circuits, signal processing, communications, and control systems. Learn how linear differential equations are now being used in communications, finance, mechanical and civil engineering, and many other fields.
Linear algebra and matrices as in EE103 or MATH104; ordinary differential equations and Laplace transforms as in CME102 or EE102B.
- Least-squares approximations and least-norm solutions
- Symmetric matrices, matrix norm and singular-value decomposition
- Eigenvalues and eigenvectors
- Matrix exponential, stability, and asymptotic behavior
- Multi-input multi-output systems
- Control, reachability and state transfer
The course schedule is displayed for planning purposes – courses can be modified, changed, or cancelled. Course availability will be considered finalized on the first day of open enrollment. For quarterly enrollment dates, please refer to our graduate education section.
Thank you for your interest. The course you have selected is not open for enrollment. Please click the button below to receive an email when the course becomes available again.