Equity in Education: Bridging Research to Practice
Together with the TELOS Initiative, the Cross Area Committee in Race, Inequality, and Language in Education (RILE), the Stanford Teacher Education Program (STEP), and the Center to Support Excellence in Teaching at Stanford University (CSET), we invite you to engage with us in considering how to better serve students who are traditionally underserved in our classrooms.
This full day of learning includes a call to action by students, three sessions of 90-minute, practitioner-based workshops, and a panel of Stanford researchers discussing the question of how to bridge research to practice in service to equity in our schools.
- Research-based equitable teaching practices that serve the needs of all students with an emphasis on understanding student identity and improving student outcomes.
- To explore models of best practices to use educational technology in support of teaching and learning.
- To examine technologies and learning environments with the potential to increase access to high quality learning opportunities.
- An understanding of the state of education and the current trends in educational research.
A sampling of our facilitators includes:
- Antero Garcia, Assistant Professor, Stanford Graduate School of Education
- Joel Baum, Senior Director, Professional Development, Gender Spectrum
- Maha Elginadi, Executive Director, Islamic Networks Group (ING)
- Shawn Nealy-Oparah, Professor, Trauma-Informed Leadership and Schools, Mills College
- Harper Keenan, Postdoctoral fellow in Leadership in Teacher Education at Stanford University
- Lil Miss Hot Mess, Drag Queen Story Hour Queen, PhD student in media studies at New York University
- Lauren Markham, Community School Program Manager, Oakland International High School
- Sarah McGrew, Co-Director Stanford History Education Group & Civic Online Reasoning project
- Jonathan Rosa, Assistant Professor, Stanford Graduate School of Education
- Come back to our website for updates on speakers.
Who Should Enroll?
- K-12 Practitioners
$49 per individual, lunch will be included
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
By completing this course, you’ll earn 1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). CEUs cannot be applied toward any Stanford degree. CEU transferability is subject to the receiving institution’s policies.
Record of Completion
When you complete each course, you’ll receive an email with a link to download your Record of Completion. This email will be sent to the address you provide in your mystanfordconnection within 3 business days of course completion.
For questions about the course offerings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (650)721-1660
For help enrolling or payment questions, please contact
email@example.com or call (650)263-4144
Lunch is included.
One continuing education credit is available with your full day’s attendance along with a brief and flexible opportunity beyond the conference designed for you to share resources and applications of learning with other conference participants.
Thank you for your interest. The course you have selected is not open for enrollment. Please click the button below to receive an email when the course becomes available again.