Preparing for National Board Certification
Teachers often state that pursuing National Board certification was their most powerful professional learning experience. It can be challenging to determine what and how best to provide evidence of your accomplished practice. The goal of this course is to support teachers pursuing certification by combining collaboration with other educators and National Board Certified Teachers (NBCTs) and using a compilation of key resources. These resources guide you in preparing your submissions to the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS). Preparing for National Board Certification provides:
- A safe place to analyze your practice
- Collaboration with other accomplished teachers
- Facilitation by NBCTs
- A step-by-step, self-paced collection of resources to complete your portfolio and improve your practice.
What you will learn
- How to submit all required components for National Board certification.
- How to analyze your practice for evidence of student learning.
- How to reflect on your practice and improve it.
- How to come to a clear vision of the strengths and weaknesses of your practice.
3 years of teaching in order to submit components to NBPTS. Teachers with less experience are welcome to attend as pre-candidates.
Topics include aspects of the certification process as well as sharing resources to improve practice.
Who should enroll?
TK-12 teachers, instructional coaches, counselors, and administrators.
or call 650-263-4144
$425 per year for participants of the in-person/online sessions
$350 per year for participants of the online-only sessions. (Please note the online-only session is only available to participants living outside the SF Bay Area).
Thank you for your interest. The course you have selected is not open for enrollment. Please click the button below to receive an email when the course becomes available again.