Creativity and Innovation
PLEASE NOTE: This course requires attendance via Zoom every Thursday from 9:00-11:30 am Pacific Time. Enrollment is limited.
There are many factors that contribute to creativity and innovation in individuals and groups—factors anyone can learn to implement and encourage. Creativity isn’t just an innate ability but something you can learn by applying creative thinking processes. In this course you will learn how to embrace the philosophy that every problem is an opportunity for a creative solution. You will discover and practice the Invention Cycle framework for fostering creative problem solving, use pretotyping tools to methodically determine which innovations are viable, and move effectively from the seeds of inspiration through the evaluation of ideas. Learn to amplify your own creativity and accelerate innovation in this highly experiential and engaging course. NDO students may enroll in the class for three academic units.
What you will learn
- How to frame and re-frame problems
- How to challenge assumptions
- How to work on creative teams
- How to generate and test ideas
- How to tell a compelling story to communicate your ideas
- No academic prerequisites
- A conferred Bachelor’s degree with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better
Thank you for your interest. No sections are available. Please click the button below to receive an email when the course becomes available again.