Fee may apply
A focus on nutrition education is crucial in helping health practitioners and lifestyle specialists provide sound nutritional advice to their patients and clients. This course offers a foundation in nutrition science, and explores how it relates to health for different individuals within varying contexts of human development. Through the use of case studies you will be taught how to interpret and apply nutritional research, and gain the skills to make more informed nutritional assessments and dietary analyses.
What you will learn
- Understand classes of nutrients, including the role of micronutrients and macronutrients in the body
- Identify the foundational science underlying nutrition and the politics involved in establishing nutritional guidelines
- Critique the validity of food and nutrition claims
- Relate diet to health and disease outcomes
- Develop a nutrition plan for individuals
Tuition profile for the Stanford Center for Health Education's class Nutrition Science.
This course may not currently be available to residents of certain states.