HealthPro Advantage: Anti-Doping Education for the Health Professional
Physicians treating recreational and/or elite athletes that are governed by the World Anti-Doping Agency rules and regulations are also subject to anti-doping policies. Failure to adhere to these policies can result in anti-doping rule violations and sanctions for both the athlete and physician. This CME activity provides current anti-doping specific information for physicians and other health and medical professionals. Learners will engage in the educational activity via interactive text, animations, videos, and case-based studies.
Who Should Enroll
This course is designed for physicians of all specialties, including Sports Medicine and Orthopedics, as well as all other health and medical professionals that may interact with athletes.
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the current changes to the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Prohibited List and utilize resources to check the status of medications for their inclusion on the current WADA Prohibited List.
- Describe Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUE) and their submission process, and evaluate when it is appropriate to submit a TUE application.
- Evaluate dietary supplement products that may pose an anti-doping risk and educate athletes about the risk involved with their use.
- Counsel patients about the anti-doping sample collection process and the rights and responsibilities of the athlete and medical professionals.
Dates, Duration and Fee
- Release Date: July 22, 2016
- Expiration Date: August 31, 2018
- Estimated Time to Complete: 1.25 hours
- CME Credits Offered: 1.25
- Registration Fee: FREE
To Obtain CME Credits
- Review the information below and complete the entire activity.
- Complete the CME Post-test, CME Evaluation Survey, and CME Activity Completion Statement at the end of the activity.
- You must receive a score of 75% or higher on the post-test in order to receive a certificate. You will have two attempts to answer each multiple-choice question (or one attempt for questions with only two options) to pass the post-test.
- Once you attest to completing the entire online activity and have scored 75% or higher on the post-test, your certificate will be generated automatically and will be available on your Dashboard page.
- Physicians will be awarded AMA PRA Category 1 Credits„¢. All other participants will receive a Certificate of Participation.