Managing Atrial Fibrillation
Internet Enduring Material Sponsored by the Stanford University School of Medicine. Presented by Division of Cardiovascular Medicine in the Department of Medicine at Stanford University School of Medicine
This CME online activity seeks to improve the ability and skills of the practicing physician and allied professional to manage atrial fibrilation with appropriate, effective, timely interventions and timely referrals. The online activity will discuss techniques to optimize outcomes of catheter ablation, device therapy, and medical therapy of patients with atrial fibrilation. The online activity will utilize animated videos, interactive case scenarios, and quizzes to optimize learning.
Who Should Enroll
This course is designed for physicians in cardiology, family practice, primary care, internal medicine and other interested allied health professionals such as nurses, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Manage atrial fibrillation with appropriate, effective, timely interventions, including the ability to: identify asymptomatic atrial fibrillation, prescribe oral anticoagulation, recommend rate control strategies, recommend rhythm control strategies including catheter ablation.
- Provide comprehensive management and care of patients with arrhythmias, including timely referrals to other sub specialists.
- Identify sub-groups of patients with atrial fibrillation at risk for stroke and actively manage these patients to reduce their risk.
Dates, Duration and Fee
- Release Date: March 20, 2017
- Expiration Date: March 20, 2019
- Estimated Time to Complete: 1.00 Hour
- CME Credits Offered: 1.00
- Registration Fee: FREE
To Obtain CME Credits
- Review the information below and complete the entire activity.
- Complete the CME Post-test, CME Assessment Survey, and CME Activity Completion Statement at the end of the activity.
- You must receive a score of 75% or higher on the post-test in order to receive a certificate. You will have two attempts to answer each multiple-choice question (or one attempt for questions with only two options) to pass the post-test.
- Once you attest to completing the entire online activity and have scored 75% or higher on the post-test, your certificate will be generated automatically and will be available on your Dashboard page.
- Physicians will be awarded AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. All other participants will receive a Certificate of Participation.
* Participation in content marked Optional is not certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.