SafetyQuest: Level Four - Mastering QI
Modern healthcare is complex and has many opportunities for error. To ensure patient safety, hospitals and healthcare systems must continually strive to work together as a team, create a culture of patient safety, and identify and mitigate risks. SafetyQuest is a sequential series of online CME gaming modules (levels 1 - 4) that provide an innovative and immersive experience to understanding the underlying causes of patient safety issues. This unique educational program emphasizes a problem-solving approach to preventing errors in all healthcare settings and seeks to ensure that patients are provided with care that supports the key quality aims of the Institute of Medicine. Throughout the series, learners will work to save patients from preventable harm and will errors and will gain problem solving quality improvement and safety tools to approach these issues. Case-based scenarios using multiple game modalities will be used to put these principles into practice and save future lives.
What you will learn
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Utilize Lean principles such as 5S and reducing waste to improve quality of care for your patients
- Analyze quality improvement data using statistical process control
- Apply high value care to your practice
- Test Your Knowledge
- Case 6 | QI Tool: High Value Care | Readmission
- Case 10 | QI Tool: 5S | What's the Plan?
- Case 13 | QI Tool: SPC | Delayed Diagnosis
- Case 15 | QI Tool: SMART Goals | Missing Medications
- Case 18 | QI Tool: High Value Medications | Surgery Consent
- Course Wrap-Up
- Resources and References
To Obtain CME Credits
- Review the information below and complete the entire activity.
- Complete the CME Post-test, CME Assessment Survey, and CME Activity Completion Statement at the end of the activity.
- You must receive a score of 75% or higher on the post-test in order to receive a certificate. You will have two attempts to answer each multiple-choice question (or one attempt for questions with only two options) to pass the post-test.
- Once you attest to completing the entire online activity and have scored 75% or higher on the post-test, your certificate will be generated automatically and will be available on your Dashboard page.
- Physicians will be awarded AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. All other participants will receive a Certificate of Participation.