Health Across the Gender Spectrum
This course offers an intimate, story-based introduction to the experiences of six transgender children and their families. Through illustrated stories and short teaching videos, learners will gain a better understanding of gender identity and the gender spectrum. Stanford physicians, K-12 educators, and transgender faculty members offer practical tips for parents, teachers, healthcare providers and anyone who wants to help create a more gender-expansive environment - one in which all people can live authentically. As a global community of unique individuals, we can begin to build a world that is ready to nurture and love each and every child.
What you will learn
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Develop empathy for and greater understanding of the experience of transgender individuals.
- Proactively identify and communicate with non-conforming, transgender and LGBT patients and their families in order to provide optimal care.
- Integrate supportive care in managing the health needs of transgender individuals, including the needs of transgender children.
- Test Your Knowledge
- Module 1: What is Gender Identity?
- Module 2: What is the Gender Spectrum?
- Module 3: How do We Create a Gender-Inclusive Society?
- Course Wrap-Up
- Resources and References
To Obtain CME Credits
- Review the information below and complete the entire activity.
- Complete the CME Post-test, CME Assessment Survey, and CME Activity Completion Statement at the end of the activity.
- You must receive a score of 75% or higher on the post-test in order to receive a certificate. You will have two attempts to answer each multiple-choice question (or one attempt for questions with only two options) to pass the post-test.
- Once you attest to completing the entire online activity and have scored 75% or higher on the post-test, your certificate will be generated automatically and will be available on your Dashboard page.
- Physicians will be awarded AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. All other participants will receive a Certificate of Participation.