Health Across the Gender Spectrum
This course offers an intimate, story-based introduction to the experiences of six transgender children and their families. Through illustrated stories and short teaching videos, learners will gain a better understanding of gender identity and the gender spectrum. Stanford physicians, K-12 educators, and transgender faculty members offer practical tips for parents, teachers, healthcare providers and anyone who wants to help create a more gender-expansive environment - one in which all people can live authentically. As a global community of unique individuals, we can begin to build a world that is ready to nurture and love each and every child.
What you will learn
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Develop empathy for and greater understanding of the experience of transgender individuals.
- Proactively identify and communicate with non-conforming, transgender and LGBT patients and their families in order to provide optimal care.
- Integrate supportive care in managing the health needs of transgender individuals, including the needs of transgender children.
- Test Your Knowledge
- Module 1: What is Gender Identity?
- Module 2: What is the Gender Spectrum?
- Module 3: How do We Create a Gender-Inclusive Society?
- Course Wrap-Up
- Resources and References
To Obtain CME Credits
- Review the information below and complete the entire activity.
- Complete the CME Post-test, CME Assessment Survey, and CME Activity Completion Statement at the end of the activity.
- You must receive a score of 75% or higher on the post-test in order to receive a certificate. You will have two attempts to answer each multiple-choice question (or one attempt for questions with only two options) to pass the post-test.
- Once you attest to completing the entire online activity and have scored 75% or higher on the post-test, your certificate will be generated automatically and will be available on your Dashboard page.
- Physicians will be awarded AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. All other participants will receive a Certificate of Participation.
Thank you for your interest. The course you have selected is not open for enrollment. Please click the button below to receive an email when the course becomes available again.