Type 2 Diabetes Management (CME)
This CME activity provides a practical approach to lifestyle and medication management for type 2 diabetes mellitus. The course will take the learner through a case-based learning activity focusing on new medications and medication algorithms. Note: Insulin therapy is not addressed in this course. The course will also address culturally sensitive food-based counseling to facilitate lifestyle modifications.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the new/most recent treatment options for type 2 diabetes.
- Evaluate patients for appropriate treatments and comorbidities.
- Evaluate patients for medication/ treatment adherence.
- Formulate progression of treatment plans for patients who haven't improved on current regimens.
- Use culturally sensitive communication tactics when discussing importance and safety of medication and treatment adherence with patients.