Foundations of Information Security
Fee may apply
Learn the foundational skills needed to build a successful cyber security career. In this course, Neil Daswani will show you how to achieve basic security objectives (such as authentication, authorization, access control, confidentiality, data integrity and non-repudiation) by using secure systems and design principles. You’ll learn about major security breaches that have occurred over the years (think Target, JPMorganChase, Yahoo, and Equifax) and how to build countermeasures to defend against such attacks.
You’ll hear from experts like Professor Dan Boneh, one of the world’s leading minds on applied cryptography, Vint Cerf, co-creator of the internet, and industry security leaders from Google, LinkedIn, and LifeLock.
* This course also features an interactive, virtual lab. In a controlled environment, you’ll be given an opportunity to identify flaws and manipulate systems. By understanding how these hacks are executed, you’ll be better equipped to defend against them.
What you will learn
- Basic principles for designing secure systems
- Methods to prevent and defend against common cyber security attacks like phishing, malware, third-party compromise, cross-site attacks, and code injection
- How to set up password and cross domain security measures
- Introductory concepts on the implementation of cryptography
- How to build and grow an information security program
- Vinte Cerf, Co-Father of the Internet, Google
- Parisa Tabriz, Senior Engineering Director, Google
- Mukul Khullar, Staff Security Engineer, LinkedIn
- Dina Mathers, Senior Director of Information Security, LifeLock a Symantec Company
- Mike Duff, Chief Information Security Officer, Stanford University
This course is approximately 12 hours of video content with 1.5 hours of coursework.
Includes 60 days access to the online course homepage and digital color PDF's of presentations and handouts when available.
*Note: All amounts shown are in USD
60 day access to the online course starts upon payment.
Course materials are available for download from the online videos page. All materials are available for printing and review upon enrollment.
Online participants are asked to complete a final exam at the end of each course to maintain the integrity of the program. A score of 85% must be achieved to successfully pass the exam. A digital record of completion will be emailed to participants when they pass the exam.
It is required that participants complete the course evaluation once they have passed the final exam.
This course may not currently be available to learners in some states and territories.