Effective Classroom Conversations
Empowering students to have meaningful conversations with one another is critical to personal and academic success. In this course, you’ll learn teaching methods that are effective in fostering productive and constructive academic discussions for all students. You’ll gain a solid understanding of the role of conversation in all content areas and the tools to create a classroom culture of interaction-based learning.
What you will learn
- Identify key disciplinary ideas for students to build through conversation
- Assess student-to-student conversations
- Craft, model, and recognize effective prompts for conversation
- Provide productive feedback to students
- Cultivate a culture of learning through conversation in your classroom
Who Should Enroll:
Teachers, instructional coaches, administrators, parents, or anyone interested in supporting students’ academic conversation skills. (Note: This course has been designed for those who work with students in classroom contexts, but anyone who can work with at least two students can participate.)
- $150 per person.
- Group enrollment is available by purchase order, company check, credit card, or wire transfer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
- A discounted rate is available for groups of 5 or more, at $99 per person. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Continuing Education Units
By completing this course, you will earn 2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). CEUs cannot be applied toward any Stanford degree. CEU transferability is subject to the receiving institution’s policies.
Professional Development Hours
We recommend that districts give up to 20 professional development hours to individuals who complete the course and gain a Statement of Accomplishment. If necessary, we can provide documentation on Stanford letterhead providing this information.
Record of Completion
When you complete each course, you’ll receive an email with a link to download your Record of Completion. This email will be sent to the address you provide in your mystanfordconnection within 3 business days of course completion.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 650-263-4144.
90 day access to the online course starts upon payment.
This course may not currently be available to learners in some states and territories.