21st-Century Teaching & Learning: Data Science
This course is designed to help anyone learn and teach with a 21st-century approach to knowledge and teaching. We hope the ideas will help you as a person and help you learn new teaching ideas to share with learners. The course includes a focus on data literacy, and shares content knowledge and teaching ideas for that area. If you are having thoughts of "I don’t know a lot about data" or "That sounds very maths-ey and I don’t like maths," don't worry -- this course is designed to be accessible to you. Whether you are a kindergarten teacher, a high school history or maths teacher, an administrator or parent, or someone just curious about data, there will be ideas for you. By taking this course, you are agreeing to participate in studies that we may conduct as part of our ongoing research into online learning.
What you will learn
- The limitless learning potential of all students and ways to communicate this information to students
- The nature of our data-filled world and the meaning of data science
- The importance of data literacy for all students
- Data analysis tools and different ways to analyze and visualize data
- The cross-curricular nature of data literacy and learning
- How to develop exciting data-filled lessons for all students
Who Should Enroll?
Teachers (K-12) or Teachers in training, Principals, Administrators, District Leaders, Instructional Coaches, School support staff, Superintendents, Policy Makers
What is the course pace?
The course will be self-paced, you can start and end the course at any time.
- $149 per person
- Group enrollment is available by purchase order, company check, credit card, or wire transfer by emailing email@example.com.
- A discounted rate is available for groups of 150 or more, at $119 per person. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on groups of 150 people or more
Continuing Education Units
By completing this course, you’ll earn 3 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). CEUs cannot be applied toward any Stanford degree. CEU transferability is subject to the receiving institution’s policies.
Record of Completion
When you complete the course, you’ll receive an email with a link to download your Record of Completion. This email will be sent to the address you provide in your mystanfordconnection within 1 week of course completion.
Please contact email@example.com or call 650-204-3984.
A discounted rate is available for groups of 150 or more, at $119 per person. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on groups of 150 people or more
You will have access to the course for 12 months.
In certain cases, course access may not be available until 1 business day after enrollment.
This course is not available to individuals in Alabama and Wyoming at this time.
This course may not currently be available to learners in some states and territories.