Building Energy Efficiency: Technology, Policy & Finance
Fee may apply
Building energy efficiency (BEE) is critical to developing affordable, reliable, and low-carbon energy systems. However, understanding the basics of BEE can be challenging, given its deeply intertwined technology, policy, and finance dimensions. Further, while BEE is a rapidly expanding, multi-billion-dollar global industry, market, behavioral, and institutional barriers often hinder its uptake.
In this course, Dian Grueneich – one of the world’s leading EE experts – and Stephen Comello, examine the fundamentals and complexities of BEE, including key technologies, policies, and finance tools. You’ll learn to assess the potential energy, cost and non-energy benefits of a BEE intervention. You’ll discover the next frontiers of BEE including “data-driven” intelligent efficiency, building decarbonization, and BEE’s role in international climate efforts.
What you will learn
- The foundations of building energy efficiency
- Stakeholder motivations and barriers
- The roles of technology, policy and finance
- New frontiers in intelligent efficiency and building decarbonization
- Steven Chu - William R. Kenan, Jr., Professor of Physics and Professor of Molecular & Cellular Physiology in the Medical School at Stanford University and 12th U.S. Secretary of Energy
- Steve Nadel - Executive Director, American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy
- Dr. Andrew McAllister - Commissioner, California Energy Commission and Board of Directors Chair, National Association of State Energy Officials
And many more distinguished speakers.
This course will be available starting November 2019
- Basic concepts: Energy, Buildings & Energy Efficiency
- Economics & Finance
- Digital, Analytical & Platform Tools
- BEE & Carbon Emissions
This course is approximately 5.5 hours of video content with 1.5 hours of coursework.
- $295 per online course
Please contact the Program Manager at
Includes 60 days access to the online course homepage and digital color PDF's of presentations and handouts when available.
*Note: All amounts shown are in USD
60 day access to the online course starts upon payment.
Course materials are available for download from the online videos page. All materials are available for printing and review upon enrollment.
Online participants are asked to complete a final exam at the end of each course to maintain the integrity of the program. A score of 85% must be achieved to successfully pass the exam. A digital record of completion will be emailed to participants when they pass the exam.
It is required that participants complete the course evaluation once they have passed the final exam.
This course may not currently be available to learners in some states and territories.