Product Marketing Essentials
Fee may apply
The key to successful innovation is understanding consumers’ needs. Where there is a consumer need, there is a market opportunity. Where there is a market opportunity, there is potential for profit. This course links marketing to entrepreneurship and innovation by teaching you how to truly understand your customer—what they need, and what they care about—so that you can create an innovative product that delivers value. Through dynamic, hands-on exercises and real-world applications, you will develop the skills and knowledge to maximize commercial success.
Learn How To
- Use segmentation to identify and target the correct consumer.
- Understand methods for segmenting customer needs and recognize the characteristics of good segmentation.
- Spark new product ideas and produce creative output
- Apply brainstorming techniques to structure your thinking during ideation.
- Properly position your product in the market.
- Utilize positioning methods to create a market opportunity and form differentiation.
- Conceptualize strategic growth opportunities for your business.
- Focus your efforts by narrowing down possible directions in which your company can expand.
Continuing Education Units
By completing this course, you’ll earn 1 Continuing Education Unit (CEU). CEUs cannot be applied toward any Stanford degree. CEU transferability is subject to the receiving institution’s policies.
Record of Completion
When you complete each course, you’ll receive an email with a link to download your Record of Completion. This email will be sent to the address you provide in your mystanfordconnection within 3 business days of course completion.
Please contact us at 650.741.1630 or
Includes 60 days access to the online course homepage and digital color PDF's of presentations and handouts when available.
*Note: All amounts shown are in USD
Course Access ?
60 day access to the online course starts upon payment.
Course materials are available for download from the online videos page to allow for printing and review.
Online participants are asked to complete a final exam at the end of each course to maintain the integrity of the program. A digital record of completion will be emailed to participants when they pass the exam.
It is required that participants complete the course evaluation once they have passed the final exam.
This course may not currently be available to residents of certain states.