Cultivating the Entrepreneurial Mindset
Fee may apply
What are the key ingredients that drive success in entrepreneurial companies? How do entrepreneurs capitalize on new ideas and bring them to market? In this course, you will gain valuable insight into how entrepreneurs start companies and probe the unique mindset that often accompanies a successful venture. Through engaging lectures and hands-on projects, you will discover the best practices of Silicon Valley entrepreneurs and venture capitalists and get to test and implement your own startup ideas.
Learn how to:
- Successfully position and sell your idea
- Learn the primary reasons and benefits to creating a business plan and the key risks—technology, market, team and financial.
- Think like a technology entrepreneur
- Learn about the value of “staged financing” for both entrepreneurs and venture capitalists along with some essential formulas and information regarding venture finance.
- Transfer technology ideas to market
- Create and grow high-potential ventures using several strategy and entrepreneurship frameworks, including the concepts of disruptive innovations, business model canvas and lean startups.
- Use the fundamentals of resource development, including talent and capital
- Examine critical human resource issues for new ventures and the key actions that a founder or CEO should manage.
Watch a brief overview of the Cultivating the Entrepreneurial Mindset course
Includes 60 days access to the online course homepage and digital color PDF's of presentations and handouts when available.
*Note: All amounts shown are in USD
60 day access to the online course starts upon payment. The end date of a section of this course does not restrict your access to the course material.
Course materials are available for download from the online videos page. All materials are available for printing and review upon enrollment.
Online participants are asked to complete a final exam at the end of each course to maintain the integrity of the program. A score of 85% must be achieved to successfully pass the exam. A digital record of completion will be emailed to participants when they pass the exam.
It is required that participants complete the course evaluation once they have passed the final exam.