Every healthcare provider responding to a disaster should have foundational knowledge of disaster medicine. This self-paced course will help you explore the foundation for SEMPER disaster knowledge using videos lectures and case scenarios, which will be supplemented by in-person lectures as well as field exercises. This course was developed through SEMPER, Stanford Emergency Medicine Program for Emergency Response.
1. Develop nimble medical teams that could “load and go” into a disaster scene within 24 hours of a call and to be self-sufficient for the first 72 hours.
2. Develop a standardized disaster medicine education curriculum and training for all members.
3. Pursue research to develop disaster best practices in order to improve disaster medical care.
While all SEMPER members are required to complete this course, non-SEMPER members interested in learning more about disaster medicine or any person wishing to deploy to a disaster are also welcome to complete this course. There will be a pre-test as well as a post-test upon completion of all the modules
• Foundation for SEMPER
• Develop best practices for disaster relief
• Pursue research in disaster medicine