XAPM001 - Project Management Mastery
Delivery: Online, On-Campus, At Work
Available: 2001 -2015
Project Management Mastery is designed to teach practical project management skills—the skills needed in today's dynamic environment to successfully define, plan and manage projects. This 20-hour course takes you through a step-by-step process for planning and managing projects of any size.
Concepts and examples presented are reinforced through demonstrations and structured exercises. Participants apply the process to real-life company projects or to a case study. By the end of the course, each participant will have acquired hands-on experience in applying the new concepts and techniques to produce a quality project plan.
- Review and validate project objectives
- Establish a multi-functional project team
- Define the framework by which team members will work together
- Develop the work breakdown structure (WBS) and assign ownership to each task
- Produce a schedule that can be managed by critical path and float
- Refine estimates and finalize resource requirements
- Develop risk management plans
- Track, assess and communicate project status
- Manage issues, changes and additional risks
- Conduct close-out reviews and communicate key learnings