Biotechnology Graduate Certificate
- Graduate Certificate
Fee may apply
Biotechnology is a propelling force in a number of society’s grand challenges including engineering better molecules and devices to improve human health, metabolic engineering for the production of sustainable fuels and chemicals, and plant biotechnology for biofortification and crop pest resistance. Understanding biological processes, organisms, and systems is the foundation from which breakthrough developments are derived. The Biotechnology Graduate Certificate draws upon the teaching and research of Stanford faculty and is combined with industry expertise and medically relevant case studies to provide you with skills and tools to help you succeed in this field.
You Will Learn
Who Should Enroll
- Life science graduates who want to deepen their knowledge about biotechnology
- Potential career changers seeking to refocus their careers on biotechnology
- Aspiring individual contributors and managers in the biotechnology field
Earning the Certificate
- A conferred Bachelor’s degree with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better.
- B.S. in Science or Engineering
- Generally, a college level understanding of chemistry is assumed, although the introductory course only requires a high-school knowledge.
To pursue this graduate certificate you need to apply.
Tuition$15,120 (12 units)
to complete the certificate
For course tuition and fees, please click
Tuition & Fees
Time to Complete Certificate1-2 years average
3 years maximum to complete
QuestionsSubmit an inquiry to receive more information.
Chemical Engineering Department