- Probabilistic Analysis
- Summer 2018-19: Online - Available
Decision Analysis Graduate Certificate
- Graduate Certificate
Fee may apply
Decisions made at many levels can have a profound effect on the outcome of a company. Overall success or failure can hang on a single action, which is why decisions need to be based on thorough analysis of multiple and often competing variables.
The Decision Analysis graduate certificate develops the skills and mindset professionals need to succeed as managers in a technical environment. Through a combination of probabilistic risk analysis, case studies on international conflict and mathematical modelling, you will learn techniques that reliably lead to effective decisions and clearly demonstrate why they are valid. After examining a variety of data from the fields of health care, finance, and engineering, you will be capable of the advanced analysis that supports critical, strategic decisions.
The focus of this certificate is:
- Developing rules of thought to transform complex decisions into situations with a clear course of action
- Learning powerful distinctions that improve personal decision-making and help others to make important decisions
- Probability and risk assessment where multiple, changing factors come into play
- Theory of decision analysis
Who Should Apply
Those working in industry, health care and security-particularly if they lead teams, manage budgets or make recommendations to senior management. Those moving into more senior leadership positions.
Earning the Certificate
- 1 year of college level calculus (through calculus of several variables, such as CME100)
- Background in statistics, experience with spreadsheets recommended.
- A conferred Bachelor’s degree with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better.
To pursue a graduate certificate you need to apply.
Tuition$15,120 - $20,160 (12 - 16 units)
to complete the certificate
For course tuition and fees, please click
Tuition & Fees
Time to Complete CertificateOn average, students complete the certificate within 1-2 years.
QuestionsSubmit an inquiry to receive more information.
This certificate has been revised in line with new Management Science and Engineering master’s degree requirements. Students who started the certificate prior to winter quarter 2017 may continue with the previous guidelines.
Probability (select 1)