- Mathematical Foundations of Computing
- Summer 2018-19: Online - Available
Foundations in Computer Science Graduate Certificate
- Graduate Certificate
Fee may apply
The Foundations in Computer Science Graduate Certificate provides a solid course of study in the mathematical foundations of computing as well as important aspects of computer programming.
- Learn the essential elements of computing theory including logic, proof techniques, combinatorics, algorithm analysis, discrete data models (sets, relations, trees), and finite automata
- Explore various programming paradigms as well as principles of building object-oriented software
Who Should Apply
Practitioners looking to solidify their understanding of the foundations of computer science in theory and practice.
Earning the Certificate
- Begin your certificate any academic quarter that an applicable course is offered, subject to prerequisites
- Take courses for graduate credit and a grade
- Receive a B (3.0) or better in each course
- Background in programming methodology and abstractions (CS106A and CS106B or equivalent).
- A conferred Bachelor’s degree with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better.
To pursue a graduate certificate you need to apply.
$23,940 - $25,200 (19 - 20 units)
to complete the certificate
For course tuition and fees, please click
Tuition & Fees
Time to Complete Certificate
1-2 years average
3 years maximum to complete
Submit an inquiry to receive more information.
Required Courses (3)