- Mathematical Foundations of Computing
Foundations in Computer Science Graduate Certificate
- Graduate Certificate
Fee may apply
The Foundations in Computer Science Graduate Certificate provides a solid course of study in the mathematical foundations of computing as well as important aspects of computer programming.
- Learn the essential elements of computing theory including logic, proof techniques, combinatorics, algorithm analysis, discrete data models (sets, relations, trees), and finite automata
- Explore various programming paradigms as well as principles of building object-oriented software
Who Should Apply
Practitioners looking to solidify their understanding of the foundations of computer science in theory and practice.
Earning the Certificate
- Background in programming methodology and abstractions (CS106A and CS106B or equivalent).
- A conferred Bachelor’s degree with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better.
To pursue a graduate certificate you need to apply.
Tuition$23,940 - $25,200 (19 - 20 units)
to complete the certificate
For course tuition and fees, please click
Tuition & Fees
Time to Complete Certificate1-2 years average
3 years maximum to complete