Human-Computer Interaction Graduate Certificate
- Graduate Certificate
Fee may apply
Ideally, interacting with technology would be as easy and intuitive as interacting with other humans. So, why do so many products and services fail to achieve this ideal? In the Human-Computer Interaction graduate certificate, you'll learn how to design intuitive systems and interfaces that are elegant, effective, and ethical. You'll have the opportunity to build virtual social environments, design usable interfaces, and create coherent visualizations.
You Will Learn
- How to design patterns for social computing and crowdsourcing systems
- Concepts and techniques for constructing interactive web applications
- Methodologies for creating effective visualizations
Who Should Apply
- User experience and user interface designers, software engineers, technical product managers, data scientists, computational journalists, and other professionals who are interested in developing deep expertise in human-computer interaction.
Earning the Certificate
- Complete four courses: any two courses from the list of required courses, one additional course from any listed below, and any additional course offered through the Computer Science department.
- The seminar does not count towards the four course requirement.
- Begin your certificate any academic quarter that an applicable course is offered.
- Take courses for graduate credit and a grade.
- Receive a B (3.0) or better in each course.
- A conferred Bachelor’s degree with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better.
To pursue a graduate certificate you need to apply.
Tuition is based on the number of units you take. See our Tuition & Fees page for more information.
Time to Complete Certificate
1-2 years average
3 years maximum to complete
Submit an inquiry to receive more information