International Security Graduate Certificate
- Graduate Certificate
Fee may apply
The International Security graduate certificate provides the opportunity to acquire a background in treaties and policy as context for work in defense systems, verification, and other complex security issues.
- Examine global security problems and policy-relevant solutions
- Understand the relationship between technology and security threats
- Explore domestic & international elements influencing the use of force
Who Should Apply
- Corporate managers
- Security professionals
- Military personnel
- Government officials
- National labs staff
Earning the Certificate
- Begin your certificate any academic quarter that an applicable course is offered, subject to prerequisites
- Take courses for graduate credit and a grade
- Receive a B (3.0) or better in each course
- Select three courses from the list below
A conferred Bachelor’s degree with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better.
Tuition is based on the number of units you take. See Graduate Course Tuition on our Tuition & Fees page for more information.
Time to Complete Certificate
1-2 years average
3 years maximum to complete
To pursue a graduate certificate you need to apply.
Submit an inquiry to receive more information.
Required Courses (3)
- Project Risk Analysis
- International Security in a Changing World
- Hack Lab
- Engineering Risk Analysis
- Technology and National Security: Past, Present, and Future
- War and Peace in American Foreign Policy
- Spring 2020-21: Online - Available
- BioSecurity and Pandemic Resilience