- Graduate Certificate
Fee may apply
Learn the fundamentals of computer programming and language with our new Introductory Programming Graduate Certificate. You will gain an understanding of the programming techniques and tools necessary for software engineering, database management, and website development. The hands-on courses will introduce you to the fundamental concepts of computer systems and the engineering of computer applications and provide a solid foundation for budding programmers. Students who successfully complete this program will be well prepared to begin a career in programming or take more advanced classes in computer science.
Who Should Apply
- Those interested in more hands-on learning in the field of programming
- Individuals with limited programming experience seeking a solid foundation
- Those wishing to enhance their programming skills
- Individuals seeking the prerequisites from which to take more advanced computer science courses
You Will Learn
- How to program, with an emphasis on good programming style
- How to use advanced computer programming and abstraction techniques
- How different implementation methods are used to build dynamic data structures
- How computer systems execute programs and manipulate data
Earning the Certificate
Complete four courses from the list provided
Receive a B (3.0) or better in each course
- Required (Complete three): CS106A, CS106B, CS107
- Elective (Complete one): CS103, CS109, CS110
If you take CS107 and CS103 as part of the Introductory Programming Certificate, you may replace these requirements in the Foundations to Computer Science Graduate Certificate with additional electives
- A conferred Bachelor’s degree with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better.
To pursue a graduate certificate you need to apply.
Tuition is based on the number of units you take. See Graduate Course Tuition on our Tuition & Fees page for more information.
Time to Complete Certificate
Students spend an average 1-2 years to complete the certificate. You have a maximum of 3 years to complete all 4 courses and each your certificate.
Submit an inquiry for more information.
Required (Complete 3)