Mining Massive Data Sets Graduate Program
- Graduate Certificate
Fee may apply
Experienced data miners are needed now more than ever!
With the rise of user-web interaction and networking, as well as technological advances in processing power and storage capability, the demand for effective and sophisticated knowledge discovery techniques has grown exponentially. Businesses need to transform large quantities of information into intelligence that can be used to make smart business decisions.
With the Mining Massive Data Sets Graduate Program, you will master efficient, powerful techniques and algorithms for extracting information from large datasets such as the web, social-network graphs, and large document repositories. Take your career to the next level with skills that will give your company the power to gain a competitive advantage.
Who Should Apply
Software engineers, statisticians, predictive modelers, market research and analytics professionals, and data miners working with large amounts of raw data.
Earning the Certificate
- Earn a Stanford Graduate Certificate in Mining Massive Data Sets
- Begin the program any academic quarter that an applicable course is offered, subject to prerequisites
- Take courses for graduate credit and a grade
- Receive a B (3.0) or better in each course
- Students must take the two required courses, and choose two elective courses from the list
- Applicants should have knowledge of basic computer science principles and skills, at a level sufficient to write a reasonably non-trivial computer program.
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures, basic probability theory, and linear algebra.
- Useful background also includes work in computer systems, artificial intelligence, statistics, and database systems.
- A conferred Bachelor’s degree with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better.
To pursue a graduate program you need to apply.
Tuition is based on the number of units you take. See Graduate Course Tuition on our Tuition & Fees page for more information.
Time to Complete Certificate
1-2 years average
3 years maximum to complete
Meet Jure Leskovec
Submit an inquiry to receive more information.
Elective courses (complete 2)