Software Systems Graduate Certificate
- Graduate Certificate
Fee may apply
The Software Systems Graduate Certificate offers a comprehensive course of study in the design and implementation of systems software, including operating systems, compilers, and networks. The certificate also provides the opportunity to explore any of these areas in further depth by taking advanced courses or exploring related areas such as databases, programming language design, computer graphics, or web security. This certificate provides essential knowledge of systems programming critical for any systems software builder.
- Learn to design and implement systems software
- Gain an understanding of how operating systems and networks work
Who Should Apply
Engineers interested in learning to design and implement systems software
Earning the Certificate
- Begin your certificate any academic quarter that an applicable course is offered, subject to prerequisites
- Take courses for graduate credit and a grade
- Receive a B (3.0) or better in each course
- Programming experience: C/C++ (Object-Oriented Systems Design, CS108 or equivalent).
- Basic knowledge of operating systems.
- A conferred Bachelor’s degree with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better.
To pursue a graduate certificate you need to apply.
Tuition is based on the number of units you take. See Graduate Course Tuition on our Tuition & Fees page for more information.
Time to Complete Certificate
1-2 years average
3 years maximum to complete
Submit an inquiry to receive more information.