- Leadership and Design Thinking for Corporate Sustainability Challenges
- Autumn 2020-21: At Stanford - Available
Strategies for Sustainability Program
Fee may apply
As employees, customers and communities demand more transparency, organizations are increasingly being evaluated for the impact they have on society and the environment. Taking a proactive approach to sustainability can help organizations gain a competitive advantage while improving the world we live in.
Stanford’s new two-part program, Strategies for Sustainability, unpacks the core mindsets, knowledge and skills you need to promote sustainability and resilience in today’s complex environment, under the guidance of faculty experts and sustainability leaders from Silicon Valley.
In our short online course, we’ll explore frameworks and tools needed to promote sustainability. In our 2.5-day in-person program, we'll share how you can become a change agent through transformative leadership and design thinking. Either way, you’ll learn to identify opportunities, overcome barriers and influence positive change for your organization and the greater world.
You Will Learn
- How a commitment to sustainability can contribute to your organization’s financial well-being, while helping to solve some of the world’s biggest problems.
- Which decision-making frameworks and tools are most effective in furthering social, financial and environmental sustainability.
- How to use systems and design thinking concepts to stimulate positive change throughout your organization.
Who should enroll
- The online course is designed for anyone who wants to learn to make sustainability an important part of their organization’s operations – no prior background or experience in sustainability needed.
- The in-person course is designed for middle and senior-level managers who have the responsibility and authority to drive change within their organization.
Earning the Certificate
You can choose to take the online course only, or you can complete both courses together in order to earn a Strategies for Sustainability Certificate.
- $295 per online course
In-Person (tuition includes access to online course, meals and course materials)
- $4,125/person* if registered by 5/31/2020
- $4,500/person* if registered after 5/31/2020
- Group and Corporate Discounts are available for 2 or more participants. Please contact our team to learn about your options.
*Participants from non-profit and public sector organizations are eligible for up to 20% off tuition rates listed above. Contact us to receive your discount.
Time to Complete Certificate
The online course is self-paced and available on-demand for 60 days after the date of enrollment. The course takes roughly 6 hours to complete depending on your familiarity with the topic and experience with online learning.
The 3-day in-person program takes place at Stanford University from 9/28 (Mon) – 9/30 (Wed), 2020.
Please contact us at 650-204-3984 or firstname.lastname@example.org