Strategies for Sustainability Program
- Professional Program
Fee may apply
As employees, customers and communities demand more transparency, organizations are increasingly being evaluated for the impact they have on society and the environment. Taking a proactive approach to sustainability can help organizations gain a competitive advantage while improving the world we live in.
Stanford’s two-part program, Strategies for Sustainability, unpacks the core mindsets, knowledge and skills you need to promote sustainability and resilience in today’s complex environment, under the guidance of faculty experts and sustainability leaders from Silicon Valley.
In the self-paced XSFS110 online course, we’ll explore frameworks and tools needed to promote sustainability. In the 3-day course, XSFS002 course we'll share how you can become a change agent through transformative leadership and design thinking. Either way, you’ll learn to identify opportunities, overcome barriers and influence positive change for your organization and the greater world.
You Will Learn
- How a commitment to sustainability can contribute to your organization’s financial well-being while helping to solve some of the world’s biggest problems.
- Which decision-making frameworks and tools are most effective in furthering social, financial and environmental sustainability.
- How to use systems and design thinking concepts to stimulate positive change throughout your organization.
Who Should Enroll
- The XSFS110 online course is designed for anyone who wants to learn to make sustainability an important part of their organization’s operations – no prior background or experience in sustainability needed.
- The on-campus XSFS002 course is designed for middle and senior-level managers who have the responsibility and authority to drive change within their organization.
Earning the Certificate
You can choose to take the online course only, or you can complete both courses together in order to earn a Strategies for Sustainability Certificate.
XSFS110 Online Only
- $295 per online course
Learning with colleagues from across your organization can lead to better communication, increased collaboration, and real change. We encourage you to enroll in these courses as a group. Contact us at email@example.com and we’ll help find the right pricing package for your group.
XSFS002 On Campus
- Due to the outbreak of Covid-19 we have made the difficult decision to cancel the forthcoming course.
If you would still like to learn about sustainability from Stanford instructors, you can enroll in the online, self-paced XSFS110 Essentials for Business: Put theory into practice course, and take courses from our Energy Innovation and Emerging Technologies program. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. If you would like to receive information about future courses, please complete the Request Information form on the XSFS002 course page.
Time to Complete Certificate
The online course is self-paced and available on-demand for 60 days after the date of enrollment. The course takes roughly 8 hours to complete depending on your familiarity with the topic and experience with online learning.
The 3-day XSFS002 course -- Due to the outbreak of Covid-19 we have made the difficult decision to cancel the forthcoming course.
Please contact us at 650-204-3984 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit an inquiry to ask questions or receive more information.