Technology and Engineering Management Graduate Certificate
- Graduate Certificate
Fee may apply
Technical work environments require a different brand of management compared to many corporate settings. The greater emphasis on quantitative data and advanced analytical skills calls on managers to combine subject knowledge with strong decision-making and leadership skills.
The Technology and Engineering Management certificate provides the breadth of skillsets required for management in those sectors. Building on existing work experience, this program teaches financial analysis, establishing a strategic direction, and building dynamic, cohesive teams. You will develop comprehensive managerial expertise as well as learn how to optimize it for your industry.
You will master the principles of financial reporting and investments, learn a theoretical framework for evaluating and making decisions, and apply entrepreneurial strategy to successfully develop, promote and lead your business. Benefits from this can be achieved across a range of operational areas and enhance shareholder value.
- Acquire a solid grasp of financial and product management concepts to complement your technical background
- Develop an entrepreneurial mindset to optimize new business ventures or a product launch with innovative promotion and leadership
- Learn a theoretical framework for evaluating and making decisions at a range of levels
- Take courses with a statistical focus that explore machine learning, probability theory and modelling
Note: Course offerings may be subject to change. You do not need to enroll in the certificate to take the courses. You may enroll in any courses if you meet its prerequisites.
Who Should Apply
Managers with financial oversight, Startup Directors, Financial Analysts, Fund Managers in industry, Industry/Technology Business Consultants, Product Managers as well as those moving into more senior leadership positions.
Earning the Certificate
- Tailor the certificate to your interests and career goals
- Begin your certificate any academic quarter that an applicable course is offered, subject to prerequisites
- Take courses for graduate credit and a grade
- Receive a B (3.0) or better in each course
- Complete any four courses from those listed
- 1 year of college level calculus (through calculus of several variables, such as CME100). Coursework must be from an accredited university or college that can provide a transcript verifying successful completion.
- Background in statistics, experience with spreadsheets recommended.
- A conferred Bachelor’s degree with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better.
To pursue a graduate certificate you need to apply.
Tuition is based on the number of units you take. See Graduate Course Tuition on our Tuition & Fees page for more information.
Time to Complete Certificate
1-2 years average
3 years maximum to complete
Submit an inquiry to receive more information.
- Accounting for Managers and Entrepreneurs
- Summer 2020-21: Online - Open For Enrollment
- Economic Analysis
- Investment Science
- Decision Analysis I: Foundations of Decision Analysis
- The Ethical Analyst
- Introduction to Operations Management
- Healthcare Operations Management
- Introduction to Product Management
- Global Entrepreneurial Marketing
- Entrepreneurship without Borders
- Dynamic Entrepreneurial Strategy
- Entrepreneurial Management and Finance
- Creativity and Innovation